Thursday, March 17, 2011

Broad Ripple Bargains...

Good day all!  I mentioned the other day that I would do a post about bargains in Broad Ripple.  While there are many upscale and pricey boutiques there are also a number of ways to bargain hunt.  Believe me I have tried them all.  Today I am focusing on  the resale/consignment shops.

  As I have said The Toggery is my favorite.  You can go to their website here:  www.toggeryresale.com.  They also recently added a Facebook presence which is helpful since they will post some of their particularly high end offerings there.  I have taken clothing of mine there for years and love to purchase as well.  You can find great bargains any day of the week.  Here are a few of my past finds... these are no joke.
Marc Jacobs skirt $20, retail $100+

Chie Mihara shoes, barely worn $16!  Retail @$350
Orla Kiely bag with matching wallet and makeup bag, $60!!!  retail $300
Iconic Anthro skirt by Elevenses, $18!  retail $88

  The shop itself is well organized and spacious.  They carry everything related to personal style clothing, shoes, accessories and even some decor. At The Toggery there is always something on sale.  Be sure to check the posted tag colors for additional markdowns.  The tags represent an extra 10%, 20%, 30% and 50% off the marked price.  The rack that usually stands just outside the main entrance is a must see!  The outdoor rack almost always has some $1, $5 and $10 items... and these aren't reject items!!! I have found Anthropologie, DVF, and Tory Burch on that rack!  The staff at Toggery are awesome.  They are more than willing to help you put an outfit together or be on the look out for a particular type of item you may be currently hunting!  Opens up a lot of possibilities, doesn't it.  ... and don't forget the "shop for free" option where you bring in the clothing you are tired of or thought you'd love and didn't, consign it, then use the money you get from the sale to shop in the store for new stuff you love.  It is a vicious cycle, but it is soooo much fun!

Also on the consignment front in Broad Ripple is Rag-O-Rama  www.ragorama.com.Rags takes clothing on the spot and offers the consignor a flat dollar amount for the things they are interested in selling.  There are always two options:  cash on the spot (lower $$) or in store shopping credit (higher $$).  The consignor is then able to take the cash or or the store credit.  This place certainly has a bit of a younger vibe, but that never seems to stop me.  There are a number of  rave appropriate party wear for the kiddos, but if you go past those things at the front directly to the rounders you can make a quick sweep of items. A word of caution, patience is a virtue at this shop.  There are vintage items mixed in with gently worn items and items that are new with tag so it takes some time to sort.  I have found Marc Jacobs shoes, Joe's Cigarette jeans and more Anthro items.  While this is on my regular list of places to shop, I don't go as often as some others.  They too, have a Facebook page you can add to your "likes" and look for their specials as posts.

Newer to the scene is a men's consignment boutique, Designer Men's Room visit them at www.designermensroom.com. Designer Men's Room first appeared as a "you might like" on my Fagebook page.  I added it to my "likes" and now receive posts that showcase things like Prada belts, Zegna ties and new Allen Edmonds shoes.  I have only been in the shop once and plan to take some items in to consign in the near future.  On first glance it is compact and organized.  They have a number of very high end items for men.  I stopped by during the no man's land of  "everybody is sick of winter clothes but not yet taking spring and summer clothes"  so the selection was most likely not at it's peak.  I will be there again next week so I will assess a second time then!  I definitely see the possibility since men's consignment is not as plentiful as women's.  I have not purchased from them yet, but hope to find a great item to show you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment