Saturday, March 19, 2011

Connection!

This morning as I was getting dressed and putting together my outfit, I somehow remembered a television show, maybe on Style Network that used contributor's favorite outfits as inspiration for room makeovers.  Trust me, I have no idea why I would have been thinking of this, except that I was looking at the colors in the shirt I had on and thinking that I have been really into the color gray as a neutral with pops of bright color as accent.  I wear that combination a lot and I have recently,in the past 6 months or so, used that equation in my home decor.  Examples you ask, in my kitchen I have varying shades of gray punctuated by shots of an orange-y red
My kitchen color scheme... taken in October, note the pumpkin and spiders....

and in the bedroom I have begun the switch to use gray with shots of spring green!
The curtains are green as well, and I want to paint the walls gray, sometime!

A good look at the colors close together.

  I love the use of gray like this... it has a very modern edge but is a bit midcentury retro as well.  I can't tell you how much this describes my own personal aesthetic from my clothing right through my house.  I am drawn to anything with a retro feel vintage clothing from the 50's and 60's; which I wear from time to time, home accessories; aluminum bar wear and bakelite anything and color combinations in fabrics and wall options.

I think today I may run a few errands, stopping at Anthropologie in Indianapolis along the way.  I am always inspired by the clothing and color options in the store.  The prices can be less inspiring as they are often much higher than I wish to spend, but as I have told you... if you are willing to wait it out the stuff can be had a significantly lower prices and let's just say, never count out a good run through the sale room.  I am planning to look there and then show you all how I might translate an outfit into inspiration for a room.  If you love it on you... you will love to look at it in your home.  Color is king!  We should all love some of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment