Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Favorites and Finds

Hello!  Today was my day to get out on my own, without my constant companion Will.  I dropped him off happy to spend the day playing with his pals at Miss Colleen's for the day and I drove the hour to Broad Ripple.  I had a 2:00pm appointment at A-Do Hairdesign for a haircut.  I will tell you all about the goings on at A-Do later in this post. I arrived in Broad Ripple with 2 1/2 hours to spend scouring the racks at both Rag-O-Rama and The Toggery for resale bargains and to stop by Girlie Chic Boutique to check out their sale rack.  It was a lot to do in just a couple of hours but it was successful and did yield a number of great finds. I have lots of photos to share today so I will get on with the information toot sweet! 

For those of you haven't been to Broad Ripple in a while or maybe ever this is what the main drag, Broad Ripple Avenue looks like from my car.  The street is lined with bars, restaurants and boutiques as are most of the side streets for blocks and blocks!  It is a great place to hang out, shop, eat, etc.... as a younger woman I was a regular at many of the bars, now I would throw the age curve off!
East on Broad Ripple Avenue



First on my list was Rag-O-Rama.  As you can see from the picture inside it is a large open space, with women's and men's things, vintage and current and "party wear"!
Inside Rag-O-Rama, lots of rounders!


You have to be willing to look through the racks, but you will find some great stuff.  Today I found a JCrew mustard colored 100% cashmere tunic sweater for $16 and, the find of the day a pair of J Brand jeans Lovestory fit brand new for .... wait for it, $14.50.  Here is a photo of me in the jeans and on the Anthropologie website you can see them http://www.anthropologie.com  click on denim on the menu at the left.  There they are for $187!!!!!!  I can't believe it!  I am telling you all, this resale thing is the B.O.M.B.

Mustard cashmere tunic for $16

J Brand, Lovestory denim for $14.50!! Are you kidding!!!

Nice fit, too!


So I left Rag-O-Rama and headed on over to my favorite shop... The Toggery.  I think I have mentioned before that I not only purchase from The Toggery, but I also consign with them.  I have for over ten years.  I left with a number of great items and left some good ones too.  I used their "shop for free" option where you use the money from the sale of your items to buy items in the store.  It is a great deal!
At The Toggery you receive the same dollar amount in store credit as you would if you took the check. This varies from shop to shop.  I took a few photos inside so you would be able to see the racks and racks of fabulous items available.  The staff at The Toggery knows me and I enjoy visiting with them.  Lynn always says hello when I see her and Veronica and I usually have a few laughs about the goings on.  I have found so many amazing items in the shop over the years I can assure you they know what they are doing.  There is NO JUNK!  It is all excellent clothing and while not every item is "my style"  the shoppers range in age from seniors to young teens.  Everything is organized by size and color, especially tops and pants which is a huge help.  In the close up of the rack I can spot two Anthro tops right in the middle of the picture.
Inside The Toggery!  Rack after rack of wonderful stuff!
purses, and small home decor, too!
See, right there is the Flower Seller top from spring 2009 Anthropologie.


  I tried on a lot of things and came home with a couple of great finds see the items below.


These Bertie sandals were at Athro for about $98 last summer, I got them for $14!

Wednesday brown knit cardi for $16

Jcrew Cashmere tunic sweater for $18

Tabitha cardigan from Anthro for $26!  I looked this up on Ebay and it is selling for $99-$109!

fei top, $10

Trinity top from the 60% off rack, would have been about $10 but I didn't purchase.
Sparrow sweater from the 30% off rack would have been about $17, but I left this as well.
Milly dress that was $16!  Cute but I can do better.  


I was able to get to A-Do on time for my appointment.  I walked in and was met at the front by Erin and Courtney.  They are some of my favorite ladies and we always talk about our latest shopping expeditions and what is new at the salon.  A-Do just opened a new boutique and spa called, Adorn, in the building just to the south.  It is a lovely cozy space with black lacquer floors and tones of gray and white on the walls.  I have not had the chance to enjoy the spa offerings, however that is on my list of things to do this summer.  They have a variety of products and unique home and and decor items.  If you are in the area stop in and introduce yourself.  The staff is amazingly friendly and would love to see you.  I spent some time in the chair with Jennifer snipping away at my rather unruly thick hair.  I like it short and funky.  Those are the only guidelines I give her.  I trust her implicitly with my hairstyle, especially that it will be a bit ahead of the curve and not "Mommy-like".  Jennifer and staff had recently been to a hair show and she decided to stay with the asymetrical cut which was showing as a "new look" for fall!  Woo hoo!  As you can see by the pictures I love it!





  And there is Jennifer, the magician (ess) in the photo with me.  I cannot tell you how much I look forward to my visits to A-Do.  I recommend it to all my friends looking for a fun salon with a talented staff.  They are all wonderful.  I have been to other stylists as well as Jennifer when she was not available to something came up with one of us! 

All in all it was a good day in Indianapolis.  Now I must get myself and Will ready for our trip to Florida on Friday and Saturday.  That's two days in the car with octogenarian parents and a 4 1/2 year old lest anyone be too jealous!  I will post from the condo in Florida when my sister Lisa, arrives with my bag o' bargains from Gainesville.  Enjoy the next few days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment