Saturday, March 19, 2011

May Be a First...



So friends, this may be a first for me, but hopefully not a trend.  I had a very hard time finding anything really inspiring at Anthropologie today! I know!  I am as shocked at you are.  I tried on a heap of stuff mostly from the Sale room, since that is the affordable area but nearly came up empty.  What I had wanted to do was find an outfit that I could translate into room decor, perhaps I thought about it too much and what I ended up coming home with was an outfit based on my existing home decor, orange-y red and gray!  I will add some other accessories to this in order to make it less one dimensional,  but mostly it is orange and gray.

my orange and gray kitchen is now an outfit!
To this I would add a chunky wood and silver necklace and sliver flats in order to bring in more elements of a kitchen.(  See below post for these items.) 
I really like the top.  It has some hippie chick detail and was on sale at $19.99!  The gray pants were the steal of the day.  They were originally $88 and today I found the last pair marked down to $9.99!  Yes!  They must have run very large because these were a 6 and trust me, I NEVER WEAR a 6, in anything!  But they fit and were cute and gray is a departure from the standard khaki and we all know how I feel about following the standards.


I also tried on a couple other things none of them worked for me which was a disappointment because I really hoped they might work.  The sweater especially, the dress I had an inkling would not be terribly flattering and it was not.  But ya know how it is.. sometimes you just have to see for yourself.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  See you all on Monday!

I wanted to love this but the sweater was just unflattering.  It was a Med., my usual size and still huge.

This dress has a ton of volume, but the arm holes were very small and I have pretty thin arms. This was a 10, my usual is an 8 and I can't imagine that I would have been able to get my arms comfortably into an 8!  Fail!

The silver shoes.  Originally $24 at The Gap, on sale for $12 plus extra 10% making them about $11 with tax!  I have these in blue also.

The necklace. Originally $198 on anthropologie.com , on sale for $59.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment