Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lastest and greatest..... or not?

The way cool cube table... it was HUGE!
As I said on Thursday, my friend Dawn and I headed back to Indianapolis to do a little bargain shopping/thrifting.  We hit some good spots on Thursday... Thrifty Threads, located just off of 86th street was a fun stop and I wish I had room for the fabulous cube table we saw there.  It was big and block-y and low and would have been awesome in a family room.  We even thought that it would have been fun to eat Chinese take-out at that table!  I did not buy the table, but someone sure should!  If I had the space for it I would sand it down and stain it a dark, almost black stain then a couple coats of matte finish and it would be AMAZING!  I did find a few small item, a table caddy, and some little aluminum pots that are perfect for at home Indian food... yummi!
This stuff looked great after it was cleaned!

We also stopped at a Goodwill at 86th and Westfield Blvd, but had no luck, so on to the Goodwill in Brownsburg and there we both found a few fun items... some we bought and others we passed by, but there were in fact many cute items!  The BEST was talking Dawn into buying a pair of china busts.  We had been looking at them and I almost put them in my cart but decided against it... Dawn asked what I would do those, so I told her I would sand them and spray paint them a bright pop art-y color, and voila', instant focal point, modern and interesting!  She put both in her cart!!!!
Paint these a pop art color and put them on the mantle... up the mod factor!
I can't wait to see what color she picks.  I will probably wish I had done it myself, but you can't do every project you think of, right?

Today I made a mad dash through the local flea market... yes, I said flea market.  It can be a bit oogie but every so often there is a glut of good furniture to be had.  Today I found a couple of things that were interesting.  The lines of  both the dining room table and the midcentury coffee table spoke to me:  clean, neutral and cool.  The kitchen table as island  (it was only about 3x4) is intriguing, although upon further thought it would still be too big for the kitchen.  I may be going back for that coffee table... tomorrow, hmmm.  Thoughts?  Anyone looking for anything I should be looking out for on my adventures? 


sleek and wonderful lines
midcentury coffee table... super cool
kitchen table as island?

No comments:

Post a Comment